In 2011, Cisco Systems Inc. announced the "end-of-life" of the PGW 2200 softswitch platform. For companies that had deployed these systems, a need arose for replacements and for upgrades for expansion, etc. After all, if you are providing comprehensive voice and data telecommunications solutions for wholesale, corporate and residential customers including long distance telephone services, you will be motivated to find a long-term replacement for this core part of your infrastructure. This means finding a vendor that can replace the Cisco gear in an economical fashion with a scalable solution, and is also committed to providing a technology roadmap that supports current and future technology needs.
It just so happens that the Dialogic® ControlSwitchTM System, one that according to Infonetics grew market share in 2011, helps service providers do this since it fits well into the replacement scheme and has a committed technology path forward.
The diagram below is a representative example of how a Dialogic ControlSwitch can seamlessly fit into an existing Cisco PGW deployed architecture. We've worked with customers on these replacements - we have the experience doing it and we know our solution works.
This softswitch solution also brings increased functionality to your operating environment, including:
- Support for a wide array of signaling protocols to provide IP-to-IP and IP-to-TDM interworking including SIP, SIP-I, H.323, SS7, SIGTRAN and PRI
- MGCP support with seamless interworking with their existing base of Cisco media gateways without a fork lift upgrade in comparison to other vendors' approaches
- Geographical redundancy for high availability and continual processing of mission critical customer traffic
- Extensive routing capabilities including support for LNP, ENUM and LCR
- Higher compression rates with the use of I-Gate 4000 Media Gateways - up to 16:1
- Interoperability with application servers, IMS core networks and class five platforms such as Broadsoft BroadWorks.
With this Dialogic solution, customers can leverage their existing investment in legacy media gateway platforms and existing third party SBCs. Dialogic's experience and professional service offerings, which can help your transition from your end-of-life technology, are important from a service continuity and service integrity perspective. And finally, Dialogic has the commitment to the technology and has an array of solutions like BorderNetTM session border controllers and media gateways to meet IP transformation needs in the future.
07-16-2012 9:53 AM
Dialogic, the Network Fuel™ company, inspires the world’s leading service providers and application developers to elevate the performance of media-rich communications across the most advanced networks. We boost the reliability of any-to-any network connections, supercharge the impact of applications and amplify the capacity of congested networks. Forty-eight of the world’s top 50 mobile operators and nearly 3,000 application developers rely on Dialogic to redefine the possible and exceed user expectations.