Powering the most comprehensive Unified Communications services for telecommunications service providers.
Carrier-grade software & enhanced services coupled with a flexible, real-time billing engine
Telecom billing and intelligent routing for international carriers and enterprise customers.
The power of linguistic technologies applied to voice and text self-service, telephone and tablets.
Keep your multiple numbers, but on one phone with one SIM.
Session Border Controllers help smoothly and securely deliver multimedia services over today’s complex networks.
Changing the way hospitals operate.
Enrich your regular, plain text SMS, with voice.
Save yourself a PBX. Integrate your remote offices into your HQ PBX and UC infrastructure securely and reliably.
Accelerate interactions between mobile phones and apps by utilizing USSD.
Increase ARPU, and capitalize on your subscriber’s smartphones, by adding video to mobile phone interactions.
Starcomms deploys first location-based family and friend finder service in Nigeria.
we implementing a DMG2120dtisq. We are planning to use 3 ports for E1 connections for inbound and outbound telephony to the PSTN and parallel 1 Port for QSIG connection to a Siemens HiPath 3800 PBX.
Is this a supported scenario?
The DMG2000 series must have the same protocol on all ports so you cannot select EuroISDN for the three PSTN facing ports and QSIG for the port to the PBX.
You will need to use EuroISDN to the PBX and reconfigure your HiPath.
The DMG4000 series does support mixed protocols btw so if this is a scenario you will be using in another deployment you could use a DMG4120.
thanks for the quick response. Connecting the PBX would work? The PBX today is already connected via E1 to the PSTN. The reconfiguring could be pretty easy?
If the PBX is already connected to the PSTN then it will be using EuroISDN or similar so yes, it will be straightforward to configure the E1 line from PBX to the DMG2120 to use EuroISDN.
You may need a E1 crossover cable, pinout attached and you may need to configure the DMG to be the Network side of the connection.
we managed to connect the PBX and the gateway the way you described. We had to change the pins as you described and we had to switch to network side for the connection Thank you very much. There are only two small problems left.
1. The extension number is not completely transferred, only the first digit. So it looks like country code (+49), 4 digits area code, 4 digits PMX number and the first digit of the extension.
2. Only block dialing is possible. It's not possible to dial the number digit by digit.
Good to hear its working.
1) I'll need to see a trace to understand why the number is being truncated. Its possibly related to question 2 below but the trace will show. In the Diagnostics tab there are three logging options, the top option (Trace) is the one we need, so please press the configure button alongside Trace and set teldrv to all boxes ticked, and Tel, VoIP, call log and route to all boxes ticked except the left most box, code.
Then save that logging configuration, start the trace, clear the trace and make a test call. After the call has been made stop the trace as soon as possible then download the trace and attach it to this post, use the Options tab in the post to attach a trace.
2) The DMG supports overlap dialing. The attached PDF shows how to do a basic configuration and how to use additional parameters to fine-tune the operation.
again thank you for your help. Everything is working now. The problem with the extension was solved by setting TDM Passthrough to No. Also the documentation for reseiving overlap dialing has helped a lot and it is working now.
Hi Thomas, thanks for the update, good to hear its all working well now.
unfortunately one more small problem appeared. We added a MS Lync 2010 Server via IP to the gateway. The Lync users with a dedicated extension transfer it the right way. Same with the PBX users. If no extension is configured the Lync Server transfers a standard extension to the gateway. In the gateway log we can see the configured calling number. The log also shows the same calling number for the outgoing call. But the callee gets the wrong number displayed. Even when we enter a fixed number in the CPID Manipulation it is not transferred. It is shown in the log the right way but still the callee gets the wrong number displayed.
If the calling number is being sent correctly from the DMG then the issue must lie with Lync. I seem to remember a bug report with Lync under certain call transfer circumstances when the calling number was sent incorrectly and think it was resolved with a Mediation server update but can't immediately find the details I'm afraid.
If you search you may find the answer or speak to your Microsoft support or just upgrade Lync to the latest release which should resolve the issue because I think it was fixed in Mediation server CU 4.
Well spotted, thanks:-)
Thanks to all for your help. But the reason for the behaviour was pretty simple. The provider used the shown number for identifying the E1. The number we created with the CPID manipulation was configured for another line. So usage at this line was not allowed and changed on the provider side to the standard number. Nothing to do with the DMG which is really working very well.
Dialogic Exchange Network | Jim Machi Blog | Corporate Blog
Dialogic, the Network Fuel® company, inspires the world’s leading service providers and application developers to elevate the performance of media-rich communications across the most advanced networks. We boost the reliability of any-to-any network connections, supercharge the impact of applications and amplify the capacity of congested networks. Forty-eight of the world’s top 50 mobile operators & nearly 3,000 application developers rely on Dialogic to redefine the possible and exceed user expectations.