Deploying Call Agent
To deploy the Call Agent feature on your CSP, you must follow the basic steps below. Refer to the indicated portions of the CSP publications set for additional information necessary to complete these steps.
1. Activate the Call Agent feature by downloading the appropriate Call Agent licenses. Refer to Licensing of Virtual IP Channels and Downloading License Keys to the CSP in the Licensing Overview chapter in the Developerís Guide: Overview and the Product License Download message (0x0079) in the API Reference.
2. Configure the SIP software. See in the Session-Initiation Protocol chapter.
You configure the SIP software on the CSP with the VoIP Protocol Configure message (0x00EE). This message supports the Call Agent Mode TLV (0x0115) which controls whether or not Call Agent is used. Without this TLV, Call Agent is not enabled.
3. Provision the virtual VDAC cards and the virtual span/channels on them.
A virtual VDAC card is a virtual 32-span card that provides a call processing context for the CSP switching software, as well as a licensing mechanism. The virtual cards are assigned to virtual slots: numbers 0x40-0x5F. You can assign up to 10,000 virtual IP channels on a node. See the API Reference for details on the Virtual Card Configure message (0x00E0) and the Add Virtual Card TLV (0x01).
4. Configure the router database to route bearer-free calls to virtual span/channels.
The criteria type Virtual VoIP Channel (0x0071) allows host applications to hunt and seize Virtual VoIP span/channels if they require bearer-free calls. See the PPL Table Download message (0x00D6) in the API Reference.
5. Configure RFC 2833 Multi-Unicast. This step is optional. To enable RFC 2833, use TLV 0x01E2 RFC 2833 Enable in the Resource Attribute Configure message (0x00E3).
To configure the key RFC 2833 attributes, such as port number and RTP payload type, use TLV 0x01F1 Dynamic Payload Type with the VoIP Protocol Configure message (0x00EE). Note that RFC 2833 is a licensed feature per CSP chassis. For details, refer to Downloading License Keys to the CSP in the Licensing Overview chapter in the Developerís Guide: Overview and the Product License Download message (0x0079) in the API Reference.
Activating Call Agent
To activate Call Agent you must use a Product License Key, which Dialogic provides when you purchase the Product License. The key is unique and encrypted.
Follow the steps below:
1. Download the Product License to enable Call Agent software. Refer to Product Licenses in the Developerís Guide: Overview.
2. The Call Agent license key is provided as a text file, usually LICENSE.CFG or SERIALNO.CFG.
For example, the file named 3452.CFG indicates that this license file can be downloaded to only the CSP Matrix Series 3 Card in chassis serial number 3452.
3. You must download the license key each time new system software is downloaded or when you cycle the power.
Important! Be certain to download your license files from the smallest increment to the largest increment.