can anyone tell me the difference between XMS and IPMS also the limitations of IPMs over XMS..
Thanks in advance
IPMS is EOL and has been for some time. It has been replaced by XMS. So the fundamental difference is - don't use IPMS.
IPMS (not necessarily everything):
- was offered in a hardware version. Not sure if there was a software only version.
- supported VXML, NETANN and MSCML.
- supported SIP endpoints.
XMS (only some highlights):
- software only. Server is provided by the user. We support bare metal, VMware ESXi 5.x/6.x, KVM, Oracle VM, XenServer VM and AWS deployments.
- supports VXML, NETANN, MSML, RESTful and JSR309.
- supports SIP and WebRTC endpoints.
- supports video up to 720p.
- supports Media Resource Broker (MRB). This enables better scaling and HA.
There are additional XMS features. I'll stop here.
Thank you John..
I wanna learn the basics of IPMS and XMS but i didn't find any study documents in this forum. Can anyone share me study documents or websites for IPMS and XMS.
Two approaches for XMS come to mind...
The documentation is a good start for the details:
That's best if you know what you are looking for and want to know how to do it.
For a broader view, there are a series of videos on YouTube that do a good job of painting a larger picture (where does it fit in, what API do I use, etc). They are "A Journey to Media Server Enlightenment" on the Dialogic channel:
Some of them may reference older versions of XMS software, but you can look at the video titles and the concepts will still be applicable.
I have no pointers for IPMS. It's removed from the Dialogic website because it's been End of Life for years.