The “DSI G51 Signaling Controller” course provides participants with an in-depth understanding of the architecture, functionality, Configuration maintenance and O&M of the G51 Signaling Controller.
The course agenda is primarily geared towards the Message Router use case which allows the G51 to assume the role of a fully functional Signaling Transfer Point (STP).
The training course combines theory and hands-on exposure.
The target audience for this course includes operations personnel who have a need to manage and maintain DSI Signaling Controller deployments and their managers.
Provisioning personnel responsible for maintaining and extending the configuration of the DSI Signaling Controller.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will:
- In depth knowledge of Signaling System No. 7 (SS7/C7) & SIGTRAN protocols
- Familiarity with IP Networking.
- G51 Signaling Controller Product Overview
- Key features, architecture, hardware review, capabilities (SIU, SWS, DTS)
- Use Case: Application Enablement vs Signaling Transfer Point (Message Router)
- Dual Resilient Signaling Controller Operation vs Mated-STP pair
- User Interface (WebUI, CLI, sftp, Lights Out Management)
- Deployment overview
- Initial turn-up, IP administration, license dimensioning, user access, config.txt, Practical exercises.
- System Administration, Practical exercises.
- Dynamic configuration
- Peer configuration (M2PA, M3UA, SCCP), Practical exercises.
- Message Router Functionality, Practical exercises.
- GTT and Screening capabilities, Practical exercises.
- Troubleshooting, diagnostics, stats, management reporting, logs, snapshot