PowerMedia XMS serves the needs of application developers and network operators with:
- Cloud-ready, virtualized media processing software
- Production-ready media server interfaces for web and traditional media applications
- A full suite of media application capabilities with WebRTC support
- Comprehensive audio, video, and contact center features
Offloading difficult media handling to PowerMedia’s flexible rich media processing software helps to improve the user experience, optimize network efficiency, and reduce development time.
Typical Media Processing applications
PowerMedia XMS handles an extensive range of real-time media processing needs, including:
- Multi-party conferencing – low-latency mixing of audio and video, including HD, and Multi-point Control Unit (MCU) for group communications with the ability to adapt individual streams to optimize the experience for each user
- Transcoding – any-to-any audio and video codec conversion for a wide-range of fixed, wireless, and web-oriented codecs including transrating and transizing for video
- Media interworking – conversion of underlying transport protocols and encryption interworking including support for a WebRTC Media Gateway
- Recording – local audio and video recording or interface with 3rd party recording systems
- Stream processing – analyze, insert, and modify the audio or video stream including speech recognition, DTMF, video overlays, and much more
- Person-to-Machine – connect to computer-controlled interfaces, not just other people, for applications such as Interactive Voice (and Video) Response (IVR) systems, speech interaction, biometrics, and more
PowerMedia XMS for Developers
Developers can leverage PowerMedia XMS’s programmable API’s to rapidly add sophisticated media handling capabilities to their applications. By offloading difficult media handling requirements to PowerMedia XMS’s specialized software, developers can focus on the unique aspect of their application without having to become media processing experts. PowerMedia XMS supports web-oriented APIs, a standardized Java interface, and media server scripting languages for easy development with powerful media controls.
PowerMedia XMS for Network Operators
Service providers and Network Operators can quickly plug PowerMedia XMS into their existing networks using its standardized media control interfaces. PowerMedia XMS is 100% software based and supports widely used hypervisors for easy integration into virtualized cloud environments. PowerMedia XMS is deployed in a variety of environments, including service providers, enterprises, and contact centers.
PowerMedia XMS for WebRTC
WebRTC is revolutionizing communications by providing a powerful and large open source community-based technology for embedding communications in web browsers and mobile applications. PowerMedia XMS includes support for WebRTC audio, video, and media plane, allowing developers and network operators to extend their applications and services to the web. PowerMedia’s web-oriented API’s and virtualized software are ideally suited for the dynamic, cloud-based environments where WebRTC is typically deployed alongside other web services.
PowerMedia XMS WebRTC Media Gateway
One of the most common WebRTC applications is extending existing SIP-based systems to communicate anywhere over the web. PowerMedia XMS acts as a WebRTC Media Gateway to mediate WebRTC media-plane differences from those of typical existing VoIP networks including encryption interworking, transcoding, and client-based NAT traversal support. PowerMedia XMS is pre-integrated with a variety of application servers and signaling gateways with HTTP-to-SIP (H2S) functionality and rapidly integrates with others using its web API or standard interfaces.
PowerMedia XMS Media Resource Function (MRF)
The 3GPP’s IMS architecture is the de facto specification for large scale telco networks and is a fundamental requirement for future federated communications services in that domain. PowerMedia XMS is conformant with 3GPP-specified media server interfaces. PowerMedia XMS provides critical media processing capabilities required by IMS-based services such as VoLTE and RCS. It simplifies and streamlines media processing management by consolidating disparate application-server based media processing into a centralized media server architecture as specified by the 3GPP.
New codecs are introduced into the network far faster than older ones are retired. PowerMedia XMS can act as a transcoding gateway, providing interworking of a wide variety of audio and video codecs. PowerMedia XMS’s software nature also means that new codecs support can rapidly be added without changing physical DSPs or complicated firmware upgrades. PowerMedia XMS’s virtualization support also allows for much for flexible and cost effective cloud-oriented network models.