PowerMedia XMS serves the needs of application developers and network operators with:
- Cloud-ready, virtualized media processing software
- Production-ready media server interfaces for web and traditional media applications
- A full suite of media application capabilities with WebRTC support
- Comprehensive audio, video, and contact center features
Offloading difficult media handling to PowerMedia XMS’s flexible rich media processing software helps to improve user experience, optimize network efficiency, and reduce development time.
Typical Media Processing applications
PowerMedia XMS can handle an extensive range of real-time media processing needs, including:
- Multi-party conferencing – low-latency mixing of audio and video, including HD voice and high-resolution video up to HD 720p, and Multi-point Control Unit (MCU) for group communications with the ability to adapt individual streams to optimize the experience for each user
- Transcoding – any-to-any audio and video codec conversion for a wide-range of fixed, wireless, and web-oriented codecs, including transrating and transizing for video
- Media interworking – conversion of underlying transport protocols and encryption interworking, including support for a WebRTC Media Gateway
- Recording – local audio and video recording or interfacing with third party recording systems
- Stream processing – analyze, insert, and modify the audio or video stream, including for speech recognition, DTMF, video overlays, and much more
- Person-to-Machine – connect to computer-controlled interfaces, not just other people, for applications such as Interactive Voice (and Video) Response (IVR and IVVR) systems, and speech interaction, or potential use cases such as biometrics, among others.
PowerMedia XMS for Developers
Developers can leverage PowerMedia XMS’s programmable APIs to rapidly add sophisticated media handling capabilities to their applications. By offloading difficult media handling requirements to PowerMedia XMS’s specialized software, developers are able to focus on unique aspects of their application without having to become media processing experts. PowerMedia XMS supports web-oriented APIs, a standardized Java interface, and media server scripting languages for easy development with powerful media controls.
PowerMedia XMS for Network Operators
Service Providers and Network Operators can quickly plug PowerMedia XMS into their existing networks using its standardized media control interfaces. PowerMedia XMS is software-based and supports widely used hypervisors for easy integration into virtualized cloud environments. PowerMedia XMS is deployed in a variety of environments, including service providers, enterprises, and contact centers.
PowerMedia XMS for WebRTC
WebRTC is revolutionizing communications by providing a powerful and large open source community-based technology for embedding communications in web browsers and mobile applications. PowerMedia XMS includes support for WebRTC audio, video, and media plane technologies, allowing developers and network operators to extend their applications and services to the web. PowerMedia XMS’s web-oriented APIs and virtualized software are well suited for dynamic, cloud-based environments where WebRTC is typically deployed alongside other web services.
PowerMedia XMS WebRTC Media Gateway
A common WebRTC application is to extend existing SIP-based systems to communicate anywhere over the web. PowerMedia XMS can act as a WebRTC Media Gateway to mediate WebRTC media-plane differences from those of typical existing VoIP networks including encryption interworking, transcoding, and client-based NAT traversal support. PowerMedia XMS has been integrated with a variety of application servers and signaling gateways with HTTP-to-SIP (H2S) functionality and rapidly integrates with others using its web API or standard interfaces.
PowerMedia XMS Media Resource Function (MRF)
Many large-scale telco networks are designed to follow the guidelines and definitions of network functions and interfaces set forth by the 3GPP IMS architectural specifications. PowerMedia XMS is conformant with 3GPP-specified media interfaces and supports the IMS profiles for voice services defined by the GSMA for Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks. This allows XMS to be deployed as a Media Resource Function (MRF) providing key media processing capabilities that may be required by IMS-based services such as VoLTE and RCS. Additionally the conformance to IMS specifications promotes compatibility between legacy telephony networks and evolving IP telecommunication standards.
See our IMS Integration page
for more information on Dialogic's MRF and IMS portfolio.
New codecs are being introduced into the network faster than older ones are being retired. PowerMedia XMS can act as a transcoding gateway, providing interworking of a wide variety of audio and video codecs. PowerMedia XMS’s software nature also means that new codec support can be rapidly added without changing physical DSPs or necessitating complicated firmware upgrades. PowerMedia XMS’s virtualization support also allows for flexible and cost effective cloud-oriented network models.